The Bozeman Hawks Wrestling Club was started as Gallatin Valley USA in 1991 by Jeff Todd as a youth program to give young children a chance to participate in a sport that teaches life long goals and skills. Jeff Todd had a vision that every child should be able to participate in wrestling no matter their skill level or financial situation. The club began with 12 wrestlers; today we have an average of 60 wrestlers, ages 4 and up, actively participate during the regular season.
The Bozeman Hawk Wrestling Club’s governing body is comprised of a Board of Directors, which includes a President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Parent Liason and Registrar. Each year, the Board votes in the Head Coach of the club, who is also a voting member of the Board. The BoD has the final say in all matters pertaining to the organization.
- To increase the awareness and participation in the sport of wrestling in Gallatin County
- Develop and promote an understanding and appreciation of wrestling for wrestlers and their parents
- Instill positive life skills such as giving maximum effort both on and off the mat, nurturing teamwork and instilling a passion for setting goals and working toward achieving them
- Develop the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, respect and a strong work ethic
- Provide a disciplined and competitive program of wrestling for all ages, sizes and abilities
- Prepare club members for the next level of wrestling in the Bozeman Middle and High School programs